Wednesday, March 22, 2006

And the hits just keep on coming


I'm continually impressed by Peter Kirn's book Real World Digital Audio.

He articulated guitar amp mic'ing in a couple pages with a couple diagrams better than an entire (albeit crappy) book on the subject. Even citing the necessity of two mic's on a Leslie rotary. All without mythical vintage worship that annoyed me so much.

In a brief review of Garageband he mentions the critically important note, only version 2 supports simultaneous multi-channel recording. Something that I'd previously failed to confirm after an hour with a music store clerk and a Mac.

The book continues to reveal gems, and I suspect I'll have spent more money before I'm done (although informedly), but this is too much: the man's own blog just linked a sweet sounding Mac plugin, for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home